In this tutorial i will teach you to enable search description in blogger blog. This will allow bloggers to add search description to individual blog post from within posting area. Meta tags are important part of SEO and this feature will allow you to drive more traffic to your blog. By adding search description people can see what a particular blog post is all about when they search on any search engine. In short search description or meta tags are summary of your blog post.
How to Enable Meta Tags
First you need to enable search description for your blog homepage to add search description to individual post. In order to do that follow simple steps given below.
1. Go to blogger Dashboard and click on Settings > Search Preferences.
2. Now under Meta Tag, edit description as show below.
3. Then choose Yes for enable search dersciption and enter a small description for your blog in less then 150 characters. For demonstration i have added description for my blog as you can see in below picture.
4. Then save the changes.
Now you will have meta tag description for your blog homepage and also search description option within your post area. You need to manually add description for you article or tutorial each time you publish new blog post.
Description Not Showing ?
If you are using custom or third party blogger template then description might not be showing for your blog. In order to fix this we need to edit blogger template.
1. Go to Blogger dashboard, Template > Edit Html
2. Search for <head> and paste the code given below just after it.
<b:if cond='data:blog.metaDescription != ""'>3. Now save the template and done.
<meta expr:content='data:blog.metaDescription' name='description'/>