By default your Blog Title appears before the Blog Post Title in the search results. This slow down traffic to your blog. In order to optimize your blog post title and make blog post title appear before the blog title we need to change blogger default settings. This simple blogger trick helps in better SEO and make your blog search engine friendly. In this simple tutorial i will teach you to make blog title appear after the blog post title. So lets get started.
If you are using blogger default template or some old template then you must need to do this, but if you are using some third party template then blog post title may be already optimized. You may double check it, Its good to be sure. After completing this tutorial your blog search results should look as demonstrated below.
How To Optimize Blog Post Title
1. Go to Blogger Dashboard > Template and click on Edit Html
2. Backup Your Template to be safe if you mess something up.
3. Now search for code given below.
4. Replace the above searched code in your blog with the code given below.
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'>5. Now save the template. You are done!
<title><data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/></title>
6. It will some time before search engine crawls your page. But you can check it right away from your browser as show below. As you can see post title i.e 4 Awesome Faceb... is visible before blog title.
Search Results Before And After Blog Title Optimization
You may check change in search result title in search result after changing the code in your blogger template.